19 October 2008

Instant gratification

I did it. I splurged and bought the remaining three books of the Twilight Saga at Barnes & Noble. I tried to buy them cheaper online, but with shipping added, there isn't much of a price difference... AND I have to wait at least 3 days!! So I'd rather pay a few dollars more and be able to read them right away (which is what I started doing).

But oh it was so hard to make up my mind. There were so many other books I wanted to buy! I will have to make a wishlist for Christmas/Hanukkah. Books books books!

I find, however, that I tend to spend my money on books I consider somewhat frivolous... the "cheap thrills." Though I have Fitzgerald and Nabokov and Asimov on my list, I never actually buy them. It's like a fear of commitment or something... Or maybe I would just feel too guilty asking other people to buy the "cheap thrills" books for me. ;-)

Okay, story time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home