14 June 2008

No more studying!

For a little while at least, and boy, does that feel weird. Monday I start my job, and I'm really excited about that. Even though it would have been nice to have a more substantial break, I'm looking forward to having coworkers and learning new things and getting real hands-on experience and really finding out what my life could be like. When I asked Brown why I didn't get in, they said "experience," that they really wanted me to be sure that this was what I wanted to do. And I got job offers as a research assistant, which sounded pretty interesting too. But this is different. I want to watch doctors interact with patients and experience it myself, because I'm pretty sure I want to go into primary care. And, in theory, that's the kind of hands-on doctor I want to be.

So, on another note,
the outpouring of love I received in the days leading up to the MCAT was incredibly touching. Considering I was about to take the biggest test of my life so far, I felt incredibly and (dare I say) uncharacteristically (for an MCAT examinee) positive. Thank you everyone for your love and support these past two, no three, years. I could never have done it all without you. :-)

And now I think it's time for bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home